Warrier's COLLAGE May 29, 2021

Welcome to Warrier's COLLAGE On Saturday MAY 29, 2021 1) Krishna's Butter Ball : Mahabalipuram https://youtu.be/cAhY4v1mLHE 2) World's "Biggest Mirror" https://youtu.be/1vPMD3wmaZo (Links Selection : M G Warrier) Good Morning Nice Day M G Warrier A Representative responses 1) V T Panchapagesan Chennai My dear Warrier, From the bottom of the heart, as an elderly member with 65 years of cherished memory of my wife, I wish and hope for everything best for you two. With priceless and courageous for each other’s endless Love.. True love is a language believing that it exists at all times.. Wedding anniversary Is a time to celebrate the joys of Today The memories of yesterday and the hope of tomorrow.. As you continue to treasure your Love for each other, I want you to know that you are really special to me And pray for your happiness always and forever... V T Panchapagesan ( Pranamam, Panchapagesan Sir. Many of us start the day with your blessings. Same is the reason for sharing your thoughts with readers here. Many readers have talked to me with appreciation and respect for your Column here. Your energy and enthusiasm, and love, make us wake up and start the day, everyday... Looking forward to an enduring relationship... Respect and Regards πŸ™-Warrier) 2) S Nallasivan Hyderabad Dear Shri Warrier, The friend who celebrated his togetherness in Marriage for 50 years is K S Vijayaraghavan settled in Chennai and not K R Vijayaraghavan who has settled in Hyderabad . S Nallasivan (Thanks Nallasivan Ji. Luckily very few people open my email message these days. Because of your quick correction, I could rectify the error when sending the message by WhatsApp*. Apologies to both Vijayaraghavans. Karavira is well aware of my special skills to mess up things, and then roll out of it! πŸ™-Warrier) (*Excerpts from corrected version : "On May 26, 2021, Ex-RBite Shri K S Vijayaraghavan and wife Vijayalakshmi celebrated Golden Jubilee Wedding Anniversary by arranging Annadhanam for underprivileged inmates in UDAVUM KARANGAL* by offering donations. Collage joins others in congratulating them and wishing the couple Ayurarogyasaukhyam πŸ™ Nice Day M G Warrier * Udavum Karangal: https://www.myhelpinghands.org/) 3) S K Gupta Panchkula "Belated Greetings to the young couple on your Marriage Anniversary. I saw your photograph in yesterday's Collage, but could not connect it with such an historic and most memorable occasion in your life. Congrats once again" S K Gupta B Readers' Contribution 1) V Babusenan Thiruvananthapuram During the 50s and 60s of the last century, a very popular art form thrived in Kerala, known as ' kadhaaprasangam'. It was a variant of the south Indian art form 'harikadha' which, as its name indicates, is a bhakthi-based art. The best harikadha artists are very good singers of Carnatic music whereas good singing is not a must for a kadhaaprasangam artist. He delegates that aspect to the hormonist.But a successful artist should be an accomplished story-teller with two additional talents:monoacting and voice modulation.Like Kathakali and ottanthullal, kadhaaprasangam was, for quite sometime, an essential ingredient of temple festivals. This art form did sterling service to Malayalam literature by popularising the works of great poets like Asan, Vallathol, Ulloor, Changampuzha and Vayalar. The veteran Kadhaaprasangam artists would first assess the enjoyment level of the listeners and modify their narrative style suitably, especially the jokes and their nature. But they all had one favourite joke. That was on marriage. It was like a private bus. While many inside the bus would be eagerly waiting to get out,an equal number or more would be eagerly waiting on roadsides for its arrival! The topic of successful marriages brings to mind the famous saying : 'Behind the success of every man, there is a woman' (Lincoln might have been an exemption). To this, a wag added : 'Behind his fall, there is another woman'. How true! C Responses to V Babusenan's piece on C P Ramaswami Iyer These are the responses to the article by Babusenan on Sir C.P. Thanks to all respondents. He was vice chancellor when I was a student in Annamalai University between 1962 and 1967. MY BA certificate carries his signature. I used to attend every lecture of him during that period in meetings held by Associations etc. He used to call himself 84 years young and was learning a new language. Even in that age, he used to walk upright and talk elegantly and perfectly in English. Thanks for sharing, Kanagasabapathy Shorn of power & politics, he is a good man. What bundle of deceit! He spent his life in Travancore dealing 24/7 in politics with the authority of Dewan, killed 1000 persons and refused to join Indian Union. All his intellect & goodness& religiosity has zero value. T.V.Krishnamurthy Thanks very much for sharing the interesting piece on CP. K.S.Krishnamoorthy I don't think there can be a better and fairer summing up of that unusually gifted man. I thought he went out for a morning walk in London where he had gone researching for a book, and later he was found dead on one side of a quiet road. G D Birla passed away in similar circumstances though he was not researching for a book. Rajaji who wanted him to live for many more years was very distressed. Generous Congress leaders included the versatile Iyer in many Commissions though he was miles away from the Freedom Movement. Presiding over a talk by Sir C P at Madras decades ago, the Madras University Vice-Chancelllor Sr A L Mudaliar said, 'The other day I asked myself how many people like Sir C P will be in Madras and the answer was None.' K.V.Subrahmonyan In politics he demolished all who opposed him. I had heard this from my uncle who lived in Nagercoil which was then part of Kerala . He was all praise for CP's English. Palai Central Bank was a flourishing bank headed by another popular man CP Mathen. When someone referred 'CP', "who...the Dewan?" asked a reporter. Mathen quipped 'there is only one CP, myself" here ! This reached the Dewan. Angered he manipulated the fall of the flourishing Bank! Such was his temperament. As a student I was on a trip to Ooty. On hearing CP was in town I went to his house. Seeing me he called me into his drawing room where there were 6 or more VIPs sitting. He enquired about me and my friends with me. I had a box camera and I sought his permission to take a snap. Saying the light inside was not enough he came out and I took a snap which is still with me. He was without his turban and was dressed as described in the article. He was out of power then and what a change ! S.Rajagoplan I was initially very ignorant about Sir CP. Later in a very interesting way I found out about CP. In the Chepauk stadium there is a Pattabhiraman gate end - I wanted to know who the hell is Pattabhiraman. Then someone explained he is CP Ramaswami Iyer’s son. I said who is CP. Then the person explained who is CP. I said how did India miss this great man’s footprints - the person explained that - since he fell out with Nehru he was ignored. That was my first encounter with CP. Since then I have learnt about him and his family. N.V.Chandramouli A very readable biographical note on CP. The punchline - last sentence - is a gem. Ramamurthi Swaminathan Thanks. A good assessment of a strong personality. N.R.Krishnan Local patriotism - he and I belong to the same place: Chetput. My village KILPATTU is in Chetput Panchayat Union. Our Revenue Firka is Mandakolathur, place of Patanjali Sastri, the first INDIAN Chief Justice. Dr G.Sundaram. D AN AMAZING STORY*.. Here is an amazing story from a flight attendant on Delta Flight 15, written following 9-11 (this was forwarded to me by a friend): On the morning of Tuesday, September 11, we were about 5 hours out of Frankfurt, flying over the North Atlantic . All of a sudden the curtains parted and I was told to go to the cockpit, immediately, to see the captain. As soon as I got there I noticed that the crew had that "All Business" look on their faces. The captain handed me a printed message. It was from Delta's main office in Atlanta and simply read, "All airways over the Continental United States are closed to commercial air traffic. Land ASAP at the nearest airport. Advise your destination." No one said a word about what this could mean. We knew it was a serious situation and we needed to find terra firma quickly. The captain determined that the nearest airport was 400 miles behind us in Gander, New Foundland. He requested approval for a route change from the Canadian traffic controller and approval was granted immediately -- no questions asked. We found out later, of course, why there was no hesitation in approving our request. While the flight crew prepared the airplane for landing, another message arrived from Atlanta telling us about some terrorist activity in the New York area. A few minutes later word came in about the hijackings. We decided to LIE to the passengers while we were still in the air. We told them the plane had a simple instrument problem and that we needed to land at the nearest airport in Gander , New Foundland, to have it checked out. We promised to give more information after landing in Gander .. There was much grumbling among the passengers, but that's nothing new! Forty minutes later, we landed in Gander. Local time at Gander was 12:30 PM .... that's 11:00 AM EST. There were already about 20 other airplanes on the ground from all over the world that had taken this detour on their way to the US. After we parked on the ramp, the captain made the following announcement: "Ladies and gentlemen, you must be wondering if all these airplanes around us have the same instrument problem as we have. The reality is that we are here for another reason." Then he went on to explain the little bit we knew about the situation in the US. There were loud gasps and stares of disbelief. The captain informed passengers that Ground control in Gander told us to stay put. The Canadian Government was in charge of our situation and no one was allowed to get off the aircraft. No one on the ground was allowed to come near any of the air crafts. Only airport police would come around periodically, look us over and go on to the next airplane. In the next hour or so more planes landed and Gander ended up with 53 airplanes from all over the world, 27 of which were US commercial jets. Meanwhile, bits of news started to come in over the aircraft radio and for the first time we learned that airplanes were flown into the World Trade Center in New York and into the Pentagon in DC. People were trying to use their cell phones, but were unable to connect due to a different cell system in Canada . Some did get through, but were only able to get to the Canadian operator who would tell them that the lines to the U.S. were either blocked or jammed. Sometime in the evening the news filtered to us that the World Trade Center buildings had collapsed and that a fourth hijacking had resulted in a crash. By now the passengers were emotionally and physically exhausted, not to mention frightened, but everyone stayed amazingly calm. We had only to look out the window at the 52 other stranded aircraft to realize that we were not the only ones in this predicament. We had been told earlier that they would be allowing people off the planes one plane at a time. At 6 PM, Gander airport told us that our turn to deplane would be 11 am the next morning. Passengers were not happy, but they simply resigned themselves to this news without much noise and started to prepare themselves to spend the night on the airplane. Gander had promised us medical attention, if needed, water, and lavatory servicing. And they were true to their word. Fortunately we had no medical situations to worry about. We did have a young lady who was 33 weeks into her pregnancy. We took REALLY good care of her. The night passed without incident despite the uncomfortable sleeping arrangements. About 10:30 on the morning of the 12th a convoy of school buses showed up. We got off the plane and were taken to the terminal where we went through Immigration and Customs and then had to register with the Red Cross. After that we (the crew) were separated from the passengers and were taken in vans to a small hotel. We had no idea where our passengers were going. We learned from the Red Cross that the town of Gander has a population of 10,400 people and they had about 10,500 passengers to take care of from all the airplanes that were forced into Gander! We were told to just relax at the hotel and we would be contacted when the US airports opened again, but not to expect that call for a while. We found out the total scope of the terror back home only after getting to our hotel and turning on the TV, 24 hours after it all started. Meanwhile, we had lots of time on our hands and found that the people of Gander were extremely friendly. They started calling us the "plane people." We enjoyed their hospitality, explored the town of Gander and ended up having a pretty good time. Two days later, we got that call and were taken back to the Gander airport. Back on the plane, we were reunited with the passengers and found out what they had been doing for the past two days. What we found out was incredible..... Gander and all the surrounding communities (within about a 75 Kilometer radius) had closed all high schools, meeting halls, lodges, and any other large gathering places. They converted all these facilities to mass lodging areas for all the stranded travelers. Some had cots set up, some had mats with sleeping bags and pillows set up. ALL the high school students were required to volunteer theirtime to take care of the "guests." Our 218 passengers ended up in a town called Lewisporte, about 45 kilometers from Gander where they were put up in a high school. If any women wanted to be in a women-only facility, that was arranged. Families were kept together. All the elderly passengers were taken to private homes. Remember that young pregnant lady? She was put up in a private home right across the street from a 24-hour Urgent Care facility.There was a dentist on call and both male and female nurses remained with the crowd for the duration. Phone calls and e-mails to the U.S. and around the world were available to everyone once a day. During the day, passengers were offered "Excursion" trips. Some people went on boat cruises of the lakes and harbors. Some went for hikes in the local forests. Local bakeries stayed open to make fresh bread for the guests. Food was prepared by all the residents and brought to the schools. People were driven to restaurants of their choice and offered wonderful meals. Everyone was given tokens for local laundry mats to wash their clothes, since luggage was still on the aircraft. In other words, every single need was met for those stranded travelers. Passengers were crying while telling us these stories. Finally, when they were told that U.S. airports had reopened, they were delivered to the airport right on time and without a single passenger missing or late. The local Red Cross had all the information about thewhereabouts of each and every passenger and knew which plane they needed to be on and when all the planes were leaving. They coordinated everything beautifully. It was absolutely incredible. When passengers came on board, it was like they had been on a cruise. Everyone knew each other by name. They were swapping stories of their stay, impressing each other with who had the better time. Our flight back to Atlanta looked like a chartered party flight. The crew just stayed out of their way. It was mind-boggling. Passengers had totally bonded and were calling each other by their first names, exchanging phone numbers, addresses, and email addresses. And then a very unusual thing happened. One of our passengers approached me and asked if he could make an announcement over the PA system. We never, ever allow that. But this time was different. I said "of course" and handed him the mike. He picked up the PA and reminded everyone about what they had just gone through in the last few days. He reminded them of the hospitality they had received at the hands of total strangers. He continued by saying that he would like to do something in return for the good folks of Lewisporte. "He said he was going to set up a Trust Fund under the name of DELTA 15 (our flight number). The purpose of the trust fund is to provide college scholarships for the high school students of Lewisporte. He asked for donations of any amount from his fellow travelers. When the paper with donations got back to us with the amounts, names, phone numbers and addresses, the total was for more than $14,000! "The gentleman, a MD from Virginia , promised to match the donations and to start the administrative work on the scholarship. He also said that he would forward this proposal to Delta Corporate and ask them to donate as well. As I write this account, the trust fund is at more than $1.5 million and has assisted 134 students in college education. "I just wanted to share this story because we need good stories right now. It gives me a little bit of hope to know that some people in a faraway place were kind to some strangers who literally dropped in on them. It reminds me how much good there is in the world." "In spite of all the rotten things we see going on in today's world this story confirms that there are still a lot of good people in the world and when things get bad, they will come forward. This is one of those stories that need to be shared. Please do so... *Forward received from A P Ramadurai CheΓ±nai E Letter from a desolate London : Essay https://openthemagazine.com/essay/letter-from-a-desolate-london/ F The Power of Now : Reshmy Warrier sent this book to us. Decided to read this week. https://www.eckharttolle.com/power-of-now-excerpt/ "I was so stunned by this strange realization that my mind stopped. I was fully conscious, but there were no more thoughts. Then I felt drawn into what seemed like a vortex of energy. It was a slow movement at first and then accelerated. I was gripped by an intense fear, and my body started to shake. I heard the words “resist nothing,” as if spoken inside my chest. I could feel myself being sucked into a void. It felt as if the void was inside myself rather than outside. Suddenly, there was no more fear, and I let myself fall into that void. I have no recollection of what happened after that." G Quotes about rainbow 🌈 https://theworldpursuit.com/rainbow-quotes/ " Saturday is full of orange oranges, Sunday is full of pink apples, Monday is full of green limes, Tuesday is full of red watermelons, Wednesday is full of blue blueberries, Thursday is full of purple grapes, Friday is full of yellow bananas, and, The week is full of rainbow fruit.” ― Anthony T Hincks


Popular posts from this blog



The King of Ragas: Sankarabharanam