Warrier's Daily Mail 05052020: A Poem By Kiran Warrier
Warrier's Daily Mail, 05052020: Me Mumbaikar!
A. A Poem by Kiran Warrier* (May 4, 2020)
Imprisoned in our homes,
By an unknown devil force,
We felt weak and helpless,
Unable to break free from the chains.
Faces covered in masks,
eyes filled with fear,
For the invisible killer,
Was lurking in the shadows.
Some lost money,
Some lost their livelihoods,
Some suffered the greatest loss,
Of losing their loved ones.
It was a global war,
No one was spared,
The powerful or the common,
Wealthy or the poor.
We told ourselves,
This too shall pass,
We shall survive this,
To see a bright new day.
The new day will be beautiful,
Full of sunshine and hope,
We shall value small things,
That were taken for granted once.
We shall relish and cherish,
The freedom to travel and explore,
The joy of meeting and hugging loved ones,
And the thrill of a life with no fear.
We shall come back stronger,
Winning this war together,
Build our lives for the better,
And make this world safer!
-*Kiran Warrier works for Honeywell.
B. Select links
1) Capturing the best of leisure -
com/cities/hyderabad/2011/dec/ 09/capturing-the-best-of- leisure-318728.html
2)The Most Peaceful Places on Earth
Reader's Digest has made the selection for you. No issues, if you can locate better locations. Make sure, before packing your bags, the places have started receiving tourists.
3) Basis of upasana
Preparing for knowing the ultimate truth.
Relevance of "chittasuddhi"
4) Small Thin Indian Weeding
The Times of India Reader's Blogs give space to writers of all categories to express their thoughts. I too occasionally post blogs here @WarriersViews
I found this article by a new blogger interesting. Perhaps, you too many like it.
C. Bonus Reading:
1. If you are a real Mumbaikar and away from Mumbai, you get sentimental even if you hear words like Chembur; Dadar; Andheri, Bandra, Ghatkopar.
2. Mumbai - the only city where people no matter what language, religion and caste, express frustration by saying *'chyayla'* 😁
3. The only place where even bus conductor motivates us "chalo aage badho"😇
4. For Mumbaikars - Burger bole toh bakwaas, vada pav bole toh jhakaas.👌🏻
5. Mumbaikars - we will stand in empty trains and will fight for seat in crowded ones. 🤔
6. Mumbai - A city where people come to make their career and end up making their life. 😎
7. A city with blend of different people and three things, *'pudhil station', 'agla station', and 'next station'*😇
8. Slow local trains - the one which halts at all stations
Fast trains - the one which halts in between stations.🙃
9. *Everything is fair in love, war and local trains*.
10. You never say you are angry. You say *"dimaag ka dahi ho gaya hai"*😅🤣
11. Mumbaikar to auto wala - Sakinaka chaloge? Auto wala - nahi. Mumbaikar - saale Dubai chalega? 😆
12. Some words we use often - *waat lagayi, aai shapath, pandu, faadu, , party to banti hai, kat le, jhol, ek number*.☺
13. Local trains are the only place in Mumbai where men are more civilized than women.😌
14. In India we drive on the left of the road. In Mumbai we drive on what is left of the road.😂🚗😂
15. That awesome moment when in local trains you don't have to move towards the exit, you are simply pushed towards it by the crowd.😁
16. While giving directions you say right / left maaro aur waahan pe ek bridge girega.😉
17. If Borivali passenger gets into a Virar fast train, that's a *serious crime* boss. 😳🔫
18. Once you survive in a Mumbai local during journey from VT to Kalyan or vice versa during peak hours, you can survive anywhere in the world. 😎
19. Train timings (7.27, 8.49 etc) are really important events of life.☝🏻
20. In every local train journey you will find at least one person asking _"arey yeh platform kis taraf aayega?"_😅
21. No salsa, hiphop, moon walk, B'boying or jazz can beat our visarjan dance. 💃🏼🕺🏻
22. No Starbucks Coffee can beat of our own cutting chai.☕😎
23. Nobody remains *"untouched"* once you enter Virar / Karjat fast local. 🚅
24. 99% fast trains halt at Goregaon station, but still not indicated...😁
25. We dont understand "humko and tumko". We prefer *"tereko and mereko"* 🤣
26. Second class ticket Rs 9 and first class ticket Rs 104. No difference. You can't sit in either. 😆
27. Getting a Virar fast train🚅 from Andheri / Borivali during peak hours is more difficult than getting into IIT and IIM.🙃
28. Aur yahan Mumbai mein ghadi⌚ sab ke pas hai, lekin time kisi ke pas nahi hai.
*Yeh Hai Mumbai Meri Jaan*
****. ****. ****.
**Forward received from my friend Shri TRS Iyer. If you know him, say thank you to him direct!
A. Very good thought-p rovoking poem by Kiran Warrier. Keep it up.
B. 2&3 very interesting and informative.
C. Enjoyed reading about the reality of common Mumbaikar. Thanks TRS Iyer